Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hiking Leads to Simplicity Classes

The News & Observer from North Carolina has a 27 March 2007 article by Missy Baxter that's titled "Sweep out those mental dust bunnies; Spring is a great time to clean your mind, simplify life and refocus on goals." It focuses on a Simplicity Class taught by 'life coach' Janet Harrison from Cary, NC.

"An avid adventurer, Harrison learned the benefits of leading a simple life while hiking the Appalachian Trail. She continues to utilize the skills she learned on the trail in other aspects of her life.

"'I discovered very soon into my journey along the Appalachian Trail that I had overpacked my backpack and that I didn't actually need most of the things in there,' she recalled. 'In life, it's like we're all hauling around too much stuff in our backpacks. I think that's an analogy we can all relate to...that we've got to lighten our load, mentally and physically.'"

The article doesn't say when Harrison hiked, but it does mention that she has been teaching "life and work skills" for the last 10 years, both to individuals and at a corporate level.

No comments: