Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Designer on the Trail?

Here's an article out of State College, Pennsylvania (home of Penn State U.) in the Centre Daily Times of 20 March 2007. Written by Pam Sitt of the Seattle Times, it's titled "Wrapping with DvF, dress diva."

Here are the salient paragraphs at the end:

"Von Furstenberg is frequently inspired by nature, and regrets that she has never had time to hike during her visits to Seattle.

"'I'm a big hiker. I hike at home in Connecticut because we have the Appalachian Trail, and I hike everywhere I travel,' she said. '... Obviously, not in London.'

"Struck by a sudden vision of the glamorous Diane von Furstenberg hiking up a mountain in heels, I asked, whatever do you wear?

"'Shorts and a T-shirt and sweatshirt and hiking boots, what else am I going to wear?' she replied. Of course, I said quickly, and tried not to be disappointed. Secretly, if DvF came out with a line of designer hiking gear, I would consider taking up hiking. For a minute."

Ah, well. So, anyway, when you're passing through Kent, CT and the Indian reservation and all . . . keep an eye out for famous fashion designers on the Trail.

No comments: