Sunday, October 26, 2008

Trails Connecting to the Trail

Parsippany, New Jersey's Daily Record of 26 October 2008 has an article titled "Effort to link Mount Olive trails beyond N.J. borders set to begin; New network's starting point: Turkey Brook Park" by Meghan Van Dyk that mentions the Appalachian Trail.

Township officials are starting work on a local trail system that will mean
"Hikers one day may be able to start a trek to explore the sites along the ridges of the Appalachian Mountains in Georgia or the peaks of Mount Katahdin in Maine right from their backyards in the township's Turkey Brook Park."
That's always something that gives me pause when I stop to think that I could keep on walking this or that trail I'm on and eventually connect up with the A.T. and then make my way to Springer or Katahdin -- given enough time, of course.

No comments: